I have decided to create a mini quilt-along to express how I feel about quilting – pure love! Just in time for Valentine’s Day, I am going to make this table runner using machine applique techniques. You can follow along with me according to the schedule below:
- Part 1 Supply List – Today, January 16 (See Below)
- Part 2 Sewing the Top – Monday January 28
- Part 3 Machine Applique and Quilting – Monday February 11
Supply List for Love Quilt Runner, Finished Size Approximately 31″ x 12″
- 1 Fat Quarter Cream Background
- 1 Fat Quarter Red for Letters
- 1 Fat Quarter Red for Small Sashing Squares
- 1 Fat Quarter Pink/Red Check for Sashing
- 1/3 Yard Pink for Outer Border (or 1 FQ if you don’t mind a pieced border)
- 1 Fat Quarter Red for Binding
- 1/2 Yard Fabric for Backing
- 18″ x 36″ Piece of Batting
- 1 Sheet of Fusible Web (at least 8 1/2″ x 11″)
- Thread to match your applique letters fabric
- Matching thread for machine quilting (cotton or polyester)
- New Sewing Machine Needle
Although I will be using different fabrics than those shown above, I will use the same color-scheme of red and pink. You can do this in whatever colors you like!
And just to give you more options, I have made a couple other arrangements:
The Love square would also make a cute pillow.
Please join my ChristasQuiltAlong flickr group to share pictures of your work-in-progress!