Happy New Year 2014 – Live Long and Prosper!

Wishing you a happy and prosperous New Year!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year 2014!

My husband’s family has this fabulous tradition of  dressing up and going on a scavenger hunt each year to find our big family Christmas gift. This year’s theme was Star Trek and we were on a quest to seek out new life forms and new civilizations while solving clues along the way!

It's Logical

Solving clues requires simple logic!

We had to answer trivia questions, solve puzzles and think like Captain Kirk while we journeyed through our quest.

Clues

Solving clues is logical, Captain!

Stark Trek

What would Captain Kirk do?

Each answer led us to another clue and we really had to work together as a crew to discover our final destination!

Seeking out new life forms on our journey!

Seeking out new life forms on our journey!

At the end of our journey we were rewarded with generous gifts and fun memories from our quest. You can see our antics from previous years here and here.

Christmas - the final frontier!

Christmas – the final frontier!

Live long and prosper!

This entry was posted in Personal Life and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Happy New Year 2014 – Live Long and Prosper!

1. Candy Glendening says:

Oh my Gosh, this is so much FUN!!!!

2. dezertsuz says:

That sounds, and from the pictures also looks, like so much fun! Live long and prosper, indeed.

3. What a fun way to get the family working together and having a wonderful adventure! Happy New Year, Christa!

4. Sherry says:

How fun have a great new year

5. treadlemusic says:

So cool!!!! I’ll have to go back and check out your previous year’s antics!!!! 2014 hugs……………………………

6. Missy says:

What a fun tradition! I should make my husband go on a scavenger hunt for his gift next year!

7. ahhhhhhhh I LOVE this! if it was FB, I’d leave you a pic of my husband and I in our Star Trek Halloween costumes lol. you didn’t mention if all the red shirts made it to the end of the mission though ; ) Happy New Year!

8. Josie McRazie says:

I would cal y’all dorks…. but since most of our holiday was spent watching and or playing Star Wars… I’m right up there, too! LOL Have a safe and happy one!!!

9. Debbie says:

OMG I grew up watching Star Trek and just love those oldies on TV now! What great fun.
    Happy New Year

10. Bonnie says:

Every good wish to you and yours for 2014.

11. Debi Bielawski says:

Sounds to me like you are a lucky lady to have that man to live long and prosper with. Your blog is truly a a love story that captures everything both of you share in life work and play. But most all family. Thanks for sharing with us and inspiring me.

12. usairdoll says:

Sounds like great gamily time! Have a Happy, Safe and Blessed New Year!

usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com