Herringbone – A Free Quilt Pattern for You!

Hey guys, I’m excited to share with you my first free quilt pattern designed exclusively for Camelot Fabrics. It’s called Herringbone, and it features the Gray Matters More collection by Jacqueline Savage McFee.

Christa Quilts Herringbone Gray Matters MoreHerringbone, designed in EQ7 by Christa Watson, 63″ x 73″

These fabulous yellows and grays are perfect for a graphic, modern quilt!
Click here to see the collection and download the free pattern. Be sure to save the pattern file to your computer first, then print it off. It seems to work better that way.

20140317_gray_matters_fabricFabrics used in my version of Herringbone. The chevron print is the backing!

I’m really excited about this one, because Camelot Fabrics is also asking me to make this quilt to display in their booth at quilt market. Yay! I love having a reason to quilt. So watch out for some behind-the-scenes sewing as I work on this quilt!

The Grey Matters More collection should be available either online or from your local quilt shop in April.

32 thoughts on “Herringbone – A Free Quilt Pattern for You!

1. VickiT says:

Beautiful and who wouldn’t want those bright sunny colors with the Winter we’ve had Christa?

Just like I’ve told 2 others please send me your autograph so I can say I knew you ‘when’ because you’re going to be travelling soon and selling your own fabric collections and books full of your awesome patterns. :)

And when are you going to have your own class on Craftsy?
    Thank you for the wonderful pattern. I guess before I forget, I’d better go download it quick.

2. Sandi Pierie says:

Christa: i too love this pattern. The design and color combination caught my eye immediately. I can’ t wait to make this quilt. Enjoy your blog vey much and the you encourage us all to try something new.

3. Cheryl says:

Wonderful pattern. I am a relatively new EQ user and I was wondering if there was an easy way to show on EQ how the borders are attached (the pic in the pattern showing the borders separate from the quilt body) or did you have to go through some complicated steps to show those? Thank you so much!

Great question Cheryl! I saved the border elements as separate pictures. Then I copied and pasted them separately into the word processing document.

The folks over at Camelot redid my final layout though with a more complicated layout software though, but it looks pretty close to my original picture. :-)

4. Annette Ackley says:

Thank you for the pattern!!! Another project for my to do list!!! It is awesome, how you can design your own patterns.

5. dezertsuz says:

Thanks for the links. Your pattern is a great addition to any collection. Love those fabrics, too. I look forward to seeing the quilt made up. You are really going places. Next, they’ll ask you to design a line of fabric!

6. taylors726 says:

Congratulations!! This is a darling quilt. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. I know exactly who this will be going to!!

7. Leanne says:

The rug at the bottom of my stars is in the pattern, every weekend I thing, gosh I should make that as a quilt, and here you have made a pattern. Great idea, I will get a copy.

Save it first, then print it. Or just click on the picture and then you can see it on the screen. If that doesn’t work, you may need to try opening it in another program. This computer stuff can be tricky at times, LOL!!

8. Rachell R says:

Are you going to carry a FQ bundle of these fabrics? I adore the yellow and grey palette and these prints are wonderful with the damask-like texture.
    And congrats!