Herringbone – A Free Quilt Pattern for You!

Hey guys, I’m excited to share with you my first free quilt pattern designed exclusively for Camelot Fabrics. It’s called Herringbone, and it features the Gray Matters More collection by Jacqueline Savage McFee.

Christa Quilts Herringbone Gray Matters MoreHerringbone, designed in EQ7 by Christa Watson, 63″ x 73″

These fabulous yellows and grays are perfect for a graphic, modern quilt!
Click here to see the collection and download the free pattern. Be sure to save the pattern file to your computer first, then print it off. It seems to work better that way.

20140317_gray_matters_fabricFabrics used in my version of Herringbone. The chevron print is the backing!

I’m really excited about this one, because Camelot Fabrics is also asking me to make this quilt to display in their booth at quilt market. Yay! I love having a reason to quilt. So watch out for some behind-the-scenes sewing as I work on this quilt!

The Grey Matters More collection should be available either online or from your local quilt shop in April.

This entry was posted in Christa's Quilts, Sew and Tell and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Herringbone – A Free Quilt Pattern for You!

1. Love the Pattern, thanks very much! :)

2. sherrym2 says:

Love the pattern, thank you so much for sharing. Wow, looks so awesome in the grays/yellows!

3. sherrym2 says:

Love the pattern – thank you so much for sharing. Wow, in those yellows & grays – awesome!

4. Connie Campbell says:

What a beautiful quilt and pattern Christa!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

5. Jan-Michael says:

This is a beautiful pattern. I have a grey and yellow quilt on my quilty bucket list.

6. VickiT says:

Beautiful and who wouldn’t want those bright sunny colors with the Winter we’ve had Christa?

Just like I’ve told 2 others please send me your autograph so I can say I knew you ‘when’ because you’re going to be travelling soon and selling your own fabric collections and books full of your awesome patterns. :)

And when are you going to have your own class on Craftsy?
    Thank you for the wonderful pattern. I guess before I forget, I’d better go download it quick.

7. That’s a wonderful design, Christa and really highlights those lovely fabrics. Love the grey and yellow together. Have fun sewing!!!

8. Sandi Pierie says:

Christa: i too love this pattern. The design and color combination caught my eye immediately. I can’ t wait to make this quilt. Enjoy your blog vey much and the you encourage us all to try something new.

9. Cheryl says:

Wonderful pattern. I am a relatively new EQ user and I was wondering if there was an easy way to show on EQ how the borders are attached (the pic in the pattern showing the borders separate from the quilt body) or did you have to go through some complicated steps to show those? Thank you so much!

Great question Cheryl! I saved the border elements as separate pictures. Then I copied and pasted them separately into the word processing document.

The folks over at Camelot redid my final layout though with a more complicated layout software though, but it looks pretty close to my original picture. :-)

10. Mary Ann says:

Love the fabric. Thanks for the free pattern…..

11. Laura says:

Thanks for the pattern!

12. Annette Ackley says:

Thank you for the pattern!!! Another project for my to do list!!! It is awesome, how you can design your own patterns.

13. dezertsuz says:

Thanks for the links. Your pattern is a great addition to any collection. Love those fabrics, too. I look forward to seeing the quilt made up. You are really going places. Next, they’ll ask you to design a line of fabric!

14. what a great design and kudos on creating it

15. taylors726 says:

Congratulations!! This is a darling quilt. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. I know exactly who this will be going to!!

16. Jeannie D says:

Great pattern! Perfect for a napping quilt for Hubby…thanks so much!

17. Michele says:

Love the pattern. Will have to print it out.

18. Leanne says:

The rug at the bottom of my stars is in the pattern, every weekend I thing, gosh I should make that as a quilt, and here you have made a pattern. Great idea, I will get a copy.

19. Vicki in MN says:

Gorgeous fabric + gorgeous pattern = gorgeous quilt, thank you Christa!

20. Peggy Jebavy says:

Hmmm… the site wouldn’t let me download. It’s a nice pattern, though. Thanks!

Save it first, then print it. Or just click on the picture and then you can see it on the screen. If that doesn’t work, you may need to try opening it in another program. This computer stuff can be tricky at times, LOL!!

21. kitty says:

Thank you so much for the free Herringbone Pattern! Love it!!

22. Oh yes! Love a striking quilt :)

23. Christy says:

Great pattern Christa! I love that Chevron fabric. Thanks for sharing.

24. Anita says:

Very pretty palette! Love the yellow and gray :)

25. Rachell R says:

Are you going to carry a FQ bundle of these fabrics? I adore the yellow and grey palette and these prints are wonderful with the damask-like texture.
    And congrats!

26. julie says:

Oh my goodness you are a busy woman! Thanks for the pattern- it’s lovely!