How To Make a Modern Quilt – Class Registration is Now Open!

I would love to invite you to register for my week-long class on How to Make a Modern Quilt at the John C. Campbell Folkschool in Brasstown, North Carolina March 8-14, 2015.

Students will spend a full week with me as they learn how to make a complete modern quilt from start to finish using my Modern Logs quilt pattern.

20140702_folkschool_imagePage from the Course Catalog for 2015

Come spend the week with me in a retreat-like setting in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina! Class time will run for 6 hours a day from Monday-Friday with a break for lunch and plenty of time in the mornings and evenings for exploring your surroundings and enjoying extra activities (or additional studio time). Orientation is on Sunday evening when you arrive with a final show and tell on Friday evening before you depart on Saturday morning.

20140706_folkschool_trailI can’t wait to explore all of the beautiful nature trails when I arrive!

Here are the important details:

• When: March 8-14, 2015
  • Where: John C. Campbell Folkschool in Brasstown, NC
  • Cost: Tuition – $594 for the week, plus room and board (approx. $300-$700 depending on your choice of accommodations).
  • Travel to and from the Folk school is up to you.

20140706_folkschool_craftsThe folkschool craft shop features work made by local and regional artisans.

Here are some helpful links to learn more about the school and how to register:

Click here to read my class description and/or register for my class.

Click here for “what to expect” in a typical week (my class is 6 nights).

Click here for information on Lodging and Meals.

Click here to download the complete Course Catalog.

20140702_folkschool_housingExample of one of the housing locations at the Folk School – Isn’t it perfectly charming??

A supply list will be sent to you upon registration. You can choose to bring your own sewing machine or use of of the classroom machines. Class size is limited, so register early for a guaranteed spot! I can’t wait to see you there!

This entry was posted in Quilt Events, Quilting Classes, Teaching and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to How To Make a Modern Quilt – Class Registration is Now Open!

1. dana says:

Amazing!! I love the Folk School! Do you live in the area? I do… we should get together and sew!!!

2. sandralouise says:

Hi, Christa: Just wanted to let you know that I’ve nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! If you choose to participate, there are some requirements that you can see on my latest post. Your blog is definitely an inspiration to me and I really appreciate you helping with the can-do attitude!

3. I wish I could do this.. its on my wish list!

4. Mary Ann says:

I am trying to convince my daughter to go with me and we can each take our own class. She is interested in jewelry and leather working. We shall see……

5. donna fuller says:

I AM SIGNED UP AND READY TO START PACKING. SO EXCITED! donna

6. DuluthGirl says:

The John C. Campbell school is a bucket list thing for me and so is Quiltcon! Wish these two events weren’t in the same year. I can’t do both and so wish I could join you!

7. Janet says:

How exciting that you are teaching there this year! My husband’s family is originally from that area and his grandfather helped design and build some of the buildings. It’s on my bucket list to go some day soon- almost finished with kids in college! I look forward to reading about your time there.

8. Colleen says:

Been there many years ago. Congrats on getting to teach there.