More String of Pearls Quilting Inspiration and a Correction

I can’t believe my String of String of Pearls Quilt Along is coming to a close. Next week I will post a binding tutorial to finish it up. This is definitely my favorite quilt so far.

Park Bench

This is what a park looks like where I live in the desert – rocks, bushes and a tiny patch of grass!

I am so proud of all of those who have quilted along with me. I will be holding a special giveaway for all quilt along participants, so stay tuned for details about that next week. If you’ve just found about this quilt along, not to worry. You can still add it to your to-do list any time you like. 🙂

Below are a few inspiration pictures from flickr and from other blog followers. Aren’t they wonderful?

String of Luck

String of Luck by Leigh Anne of Ellas Cottage

UpstairsHobbyRoom Quilting

Beautiful Quilting by Sandy (lattiegirl40) of UpstairsHobbyRoom

TravelingQuilter

TravelingQuilter’s Texas Pearls and Quilted Swirls

Perfect Swirls

Kathy’s perfect swirls – see her amazing backing on flickr!

Floral Quilting

Georgia’s beautiful floral quilting – you would never know she’s a beginner!

I am putting together the design for my next Quilt Along now. I will have complete details along with the sewing schedule shortly after String of Pearls ends, but for now I’ll give you a hint – think Modern Christmas!

Speaking of String of Pearls, I made a correction to the binding cutting requirements. It will require 13 scrappy strips (2.25″ x 21″) rather than 12 as originally planned. The original kits should have enough fabric, but if you run short, just shoot me an email (christa@christaquilts.com) and I’ll be glad to send you an extra strip. I threw in a little extra fabric into the current String of Pearls kits, so those will be fine for sure.

12 thoughts on “More String of Pearls Quilting Inspiration and a Correction

1. Patricia Martinez says:

I love this quilt pattern. As soon as I finish my many “in-process” gift quilts (2 graduation, 2 wedding, and 3 baby quilts in different stages of completion), I will be making several of these in different colors. Your choice of coloring was exceptional. Thank you!

2. Lynn says:

I really like how all of these are turning out. I didn’t do the quilt along this time…. But love the Modern style and will make a way to do something called Modern Christmas.

3. treadlemusic says:

I so love that quilt and, as I’ve mentioned, it would be such a great “I Spy” or feature fabric quilt. Your desert photo is beautiful……the quilt looks like a cool oasis!! Hugs……..

4. Pam Arbour says:

Thanks for this wonderful QAL. I have certainly enjoyed it. I am getting a lot of FMQ practice with the swirls and pearls. Just what I needed. Your instructions and timing have been perfect. I have also enjoyed the variety of quilts that were submitted. I would like to have one of all of them!

I can’t wait for your next QAL. You have me curious and anxious!

travelingquilter

5. Vicki says:

Wow Christa, you were not kidding when you said you were showing ‘inspiration pictures’! What a wonderful group of quilts. Thanks for showing us the great variety of fabrics and quilting styles.

6. Julianne says:

They are all beautiful, mine is at the longarmer, i hope to have it back and the binding on for the finish! Kathy S was right, she just knew your next QAL would be modern themed, cant wait!!