Can you believe we’ve come to the end of the Blooming Wallflowers quilt along? I’m so excited to see all of your finishes and encourage you to continue working at your own pace, even if you finish weeks (or months) later.
- Click here to get the Rainbow Weave quilt pattern (PDF)
- Click here to get the Rainbow Weave quilt pattern (print)
I was literally finishing the hand binding of this quilt on the way to quilt market last fall, so I didn’t get any pics of my binding in progress. However, I’ve written several other binding tutorials, and my process is exactly the same, no matter which quilt I’m making. So choose your favorite method – hand or machine, and enjoy this last step of the process!
- Click here for my hand binding tutorial from Dot’n’Dash QAL
- Click here for my machine binding tutorial (shared on the BERNINA bog)
I cut matching binding strips from my Modern Marks Navy Herringbone print.
Here’s a bonus tip for binding: I like to cut my strips out at 2″ wide and attach them with an exact 1/4″ seam using my BERNINA dual feed (which acts like a walking foot but I can use skinnier feet on it). This gives me a precise finished binding of 1/4″ and it’s even on both the front and back. Many times, I like to use the same background fabric as the binding so that it looks like the design is floating on the surface, rather than being interrupted by a contrasting fabric.
And just for fun, below the is the original Blooming Wallflowers quilt I made a couple of years earlier for a quilt magazine to promote my first line, Modern Marks. As you can see, this quilt is fun to make no matter which fabrics you choose!
Blooming Wallflowers in Modern Marks
The Modern Marks Navy Herringbone print is one of my all-time faves!
I hope you’ve enjoyed making this quilt with me. And if you are worried about having quilt-along withdrawal, stay tuned for the next quilt along, coming soon!! It features a brand new quilt that I haven’t shared on the blog yet, and I’m sure you’ll love it just as much!
- Click here to get the Blooming Wallflowers Quilt Pattern (print)
- Click here to get the Blooming Wallflowers Quilt Pattern (digital PDF)
- Click here to purchase the optional kit while supplies last.
- Click here to share your progress in my ChristaQuilts Facebook group.
- Click here to receive quilt along updates via email.
- Click here for the supply list and links to previous quilt along posts.