Paper Pieced QAL
This block design was inspired by a traditional Dresden Plate. I reinterpreted it in EQ using hard edges and sharp angles rather than soft curves and circles. I renamed it Deco Dresden since so many friends on Instagram told me it looked like an art-deco design. 🙂
My favorite layout – finished size 64″ x 80″
Although I have chosen the above layout for my quilt, there are plenty of unique ways to arrange the blocks. I can’t wait to see which one you choose! Click the links below (after the scheduled date) for each tutorial.
Paper Pieced Quilt Along Tutorials (click each link)
- Part 1 – Intro and Supply List
- Part 2 – Cutting the Fabrics (includes link to foundation pattern)
- Part 3 – Sewing the First Block
- Part 4 – Sewing the Rest of the Blocks
- Part 5 – Exploring Alternate Layouts
- Part 6 – Sewing the Top
Updated Pattern Now Available
I modified the block design slightly bigger to feature big bold prints of my fabric line Abstract Garden (release date December 2018 from Benartex Contempo Studio).