Support 100 Quilts For Kids!

I’m excited to participate in 100 Quilts for Kids this year – both with a donation quilt and as one of the prize sponsors. (So If I happen to win one of the random drawings, I’ll be glad to pass that onto someone else!)

Busy Hands

“Busy Hands” – the quilt I will be donating to 100 Quilts for Kids this year.

100 Quilts for Kids is an annual charity quilt drive to encourage quilters to make a quilt, donate it to a child in need, and be entered for fabulous prizes for their efforts. In 2014, 100 Quilts for Kids will run from August 1st-September 30th.

20140804_100_quiltsOriginally started by Katie Blakesley of Swim, Bike, Quilt, this fabulous charity event is now being coordinated by Heather Tompkins of Quilts in the Queue. I’m happy to support this worthy cause and encourage you to do the same.

20140804_quilts

The idea is to find a local charity to support. I plan on giving my quilt to Project Linus, and you can click here for tons of other ideas of where you can donate.

Heather is hosting a linky party on her site where you can share pictures of quilts you are making and donating. So be sure to join in the fun! After all, isn’t sewing with a purpose so rewarding?

This entry was posted in Quilt Events and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Support 100 Quilts For Kids!

1. Those hand prints are amazing! I’m also a big supporter of Project Linus. :)

2. Michele says:

Love the quilt. Our Quilt guild has a challenge going this year. If you make 8 quilts (at least 45″x 45″) your name goes into a drawing for $275.00. We donate these quilts to the local Children’s hospital. I have done 4 out of the 8, I have till November. I think she has received over 100 quilts so far.

3. adaisygarden says:

Great info!! Thanks for taking the time to post about it. Your quilt is SO cute! :)

4. Dolores says:

Love the quilted hands. It must have taken a long time to do. What size is the quilt?

5. searchfamilies says:

What beautiful quilting love it
    Hugs Janice

6. ruthiequilts says:

Gorgeous! I love how you quilted it!

7. Carla says:

Hi Christa. I’m popping over from the link up. This quilt is so fabulous!

8. Love your quilt! I have one quilt already done and hope to make many more! It is such a wonderful cause! Thanks for sponsoring!!

9. treadlemusic says:

Love “Busy Hands”!!! The quilting is so darling!!! I’ll have to look into my quilt stash for something that would work.

10. pinfeathers3 says:

How ABSOLUTELY COOL!!!!!! Will look forward to reviewing and sending! What a GREAT cause!!

Sunshine Amthauer