I’m so excited to tell you about a brand new machine quilting book that I am privileged to be a part of. It’s called 180 Doodle Quilting Designs and it features a plethora of free motion quilting ideas for blocks, setting triangles, and borders. The book has been published by my friends at Martingale/That Patchwork Place (who published both of my machine quilting books.)
This book is different from most machine quilting books out there, in that it is more of a reference book rather than a how-to book with patterns. This clever idea was the brainchild of acquisitions editor Karen Burns, and it features 60 different motifs from 9 talented designers. Each motif is shown how it would work 3 different ways, for a total of 180 possible designs. Check out fun free-motion quilting ideas from:
- Yours truly – I’m so inspired by seeing my fellow contributors’ designs!
- Vicki Ruebel – One of my super talented BQF’s (best quilting friends).
- Karen Burns – Be on the lookout for more collaborations you are sure to love!
- Melissa Corry – This girl can finish more quilts in a week than most can do in a month!
- Lori Kennedy – Shh, don’t tell – I have a quilter’s crush on her!!
- Maddie Kertay – Irreverent and awesome founder of the BAQS (you’ll need to google it… :-))
- April Rosenthal – I want to be her when I grow up.
- Sheila Sinclair Snyder – Amazing award winning quilter.
- Angela Walters – Need I say anything more??
Here’s an example of how the information is laid out for each design:
Plus there’s some handy-dandy info at the front of the book with tips on how to use it, such as tracing over the motifs to get a feel for how each design will flow. I love adding books like this to my reference library. They are great to look through whenever I’m stumped for a machine quilting idea!
As of this writing, 180 Doodle Quilting Designs was ranked #1 new release on Amazon in quilting. To help it stay there, click here to purchase your copy and then be sure to leave an Amazon review. You’ll be glad you did. Now I’m off to a do a little more doodle quilting of my own…..
Update – Video Tutorial
Check out this clever video that my friends at Martingale made, showing how to use the book. Simply trace, doodle and quilt! You’ll gain confidence in no time! (Press the play icon to view. )
Now THIS is how you practice #freemotionquilting! I love that #martingaletpp used one of @orchidowlquilts' designs from the book that we are a part of. 😍 #repost @martingaletpp with @repostapp ・・・ Trace – #doodle – free-motion quilt! We tried those 3 steps using the Squiggles and Giggles design set by Vicki Ruebel, featured in the new book 180 Doodle Quilting Designs. We made a little video starring one of our staffers, a #machinequilting newbie. She says she’s ready to try the other 179 doodles! #orchidowlquilts #doodlequilting #domesticmachinequilting #bestquiltingfriend