I recently read a blog post written by the lovely and talented Jennifer of Ellison Lane.
She titled her post This is 38: A Look at Middle Life and she made a list of things that came to mind.
That really inspired me, and since I’m a couple of years older than she is, I thought I’d write my own version, so here goes:
- Happy to be married with kids that are old enough to feed and clean themselves.
- Being ok with the oncoming grey and a little relieved that it hasn’t taken over yet.
- Lamenting with my hubby that he’s losing hair in places he doesn’t want, and I’m getting it in places it shouldn’t be!
- Embracing the new direction in my quilting career and enjoying the child-like excitement I feel with every little success.
- Old enough to think I am wise, but young enough to realize I still don’t know it all.
- Finally being able to afford the car I want, the sewing machine I want…(the debt I don’t want, LOL!!)
- Not being ashamed of mixing my personal life with my professional life and blogging about all of it.
- So much better than 30 and even 20!
I’m sure I could think of many more if I tried. Here’s to more love, life and happiness in the next decade.🙂