It’s time to wrap up my giveaway series that coincided with my Abacus Quilt Along. (For those of you who quilted along – be sure to email me pics of your progress and I’ll share showcase them here on Wednesday.)
Since the quilt along was all about easy applique, I thought you may want to learn more about this fun technique. My friends at Craftsy are giving one lucky reader the online class, 20 Fresh Applique Techniques with Amanda Murphy. You may remember not too long ago I fell in love with Amanda’s book on color. As much as I love quilting books, video classes are even better!
In this class, Amanda walks you through 4 fun applique projects that cover a total of 20 different techniques. The class is divided into 7 lessons that run about 20-30 minutes each. As a bonus, she even includes tips on free-motion quilting and trapunto.
Here’s an overview of the class agenda:
- Lesson 1 Swirls Quilt: machine applique techniques with concave and convex turns
- Lessons 2-3 Garden Runner: learn about fusible web and tips on using a lightbox
- Lessons 4-5 Flower Power Pillow: work with bias tape and variety of stitches
- Lesson 6 Hawaiian Table Topper: practice trapunto techniques and yo-yos
- Lesson 7 Emphasis Your Applique with free motion quilting techniques
Check out her Swirl Quilt below, where she demonstrates one of my personal favorites for machine applique – the blanket stitch.
Amanda’s style is whimsical and fun, her manner is easy-going and she has a soothing voice, which is always nice to listen to!
All patterns and templates for the projects are included in the class materials and she goes over some of her favorite fusible products, stitches and threads. The Q&A section (off to the right) also has a wealth of information including suggestions for troubleshooting as you sew.
Here are details on how to win this class:
- Click here to be taken to the Craftsy site to register or log in
- Contest is open to all readers of my blog, both in the US or Internationally
- Giveaway will run through Wednesday, November 12th at 5 PM PST
- Craftsy will draw one winner’s name at random