I’m super excited to be a part of Melissa Corry’s blog hop for her fabulous new book, Irish Chain Quilts. Melissa is known over on her blog as Happy Quilting Melissa and I can’t think of a better pseudonym for such a truly fabulous gal!
About Melissa Corry
I first got to know Melissa when my shop used to sponsor her blog and we immediately hit it off! I mean how could you not adore someone with such a friendly, bubbly personality that loves to help others and share her loving of quilting with as many people as possible? She’s truly someone I look up to as a positive example in the quilting industry, and I’m so glad to call her a friend. I’ve shared about her and some of her other quilts on my blog previously, too!
Ok, enough gushing and on to the book!!
Irish Chain Quilts includes 15 fabulous quilts all based on the classic Irish Chain block design. You know – that’s the design that forms an X in each block which creates a very striking chain effect when all blocks are placed side-by-side. Melissa created such stunning original designs and asked several of us to re-create a block inspired by one of the quilts in the book.
This is the design I chose to work with – Daisy Chain. I’m a sucker for applique with fun big pieces that I can easily stitch down by machine! I also love the photography in this book. Hanging all of the quilts on a clothesline with clothespins is sooo Melissa! 🙂
Here’s my and funky colorful interpretation of Melissa’s block. I’m a sucker for orange, earthy tones!
This block was super easy to make and very easy to resize. The book calls for larger blocks, but each of the blog hoppers is remaking a block in a smaller size that will be joined together to create a super fun and scrappy quilt from all of the blocks!
At the end of the hop, Melissa will share the big reveal of the quilt she’s assembled from all of the various blocks from the book. And, true to her generous nature, she will then be donating that quilt to charity. I can’t wait to see it!
Along with the Charity Quilt reveal, Melissa is hosting two grand prize giveaways where you can win one a copy of the book, a mini quilt made by Melissa, and a treasure trove of fabrics!
To enter the grand-prize giveaway, be sure to hop on over the intro post on Melissa’s blog and leave a comment!
Where to Buy
- Click here to order a personalized, autographed copy, directly from Melissa
- Click here to order it from Martingale, and get a free e-copy along with your order!
- You can also purchase directly from your favorite LQS, or on Amazon.
List of Blog Hop Stops
Be sure to hop around to all of these fabulous blogs below to see the rest of the quilts from the book, plus the reinterpreted quilt blocks. There’s inspiration galore!
- June 8th – Happy Quilting – Blog Hop Intro
- June 9th – Moda Lissa – Lissa Alexander and Fat Quarter Shop – Jocelyn Ueng
- June 10th – Piece N Quilt – Natalia Bonner and In Color Order – Jeni Baker
- June 11th – Amy’s Creative Side – Amy Ellis and Sew Kind of Wonderful – Jenny Pedigo
- June 12th – Quilt Story – Megan Jimenez and Diary of a Quilter – Amy Smart
- June 15th – Freshly Pieced – Lee Heinrich and Christa Quilts – Christa Watson
- June 16th – Moda Cutting Table – Carrie Nelson and Little Miss Shabby – Corey Yoder
- June 17th – Fresh Lemons – Faith Jones and V and Co. – Vanessa Christenson
- June 18th – A Quilting Life – Sherri McConnel and Stitch This! – Jenny Wilding Cardon
- June 19th – Happy Quilting – Wrap Up & Grand Prizes
Thanks for stopping by!
If you are new to my blog, be sure to sign up for Friendly Threads, my email newsletter!