I made my modern Mini Churn Dash quilt for the National Quilting Association’s Quilting Quarterly magazine. I’ve been enjoying seeing quilts made with churn dash blocks and am so glad I was able to combine two trending ideas, mini’s and churn dashes into one quilt.
PDF pattern available for sale here.
Modern Mini Churn Dash by Christa Watson
Mini Churn Dash Stats:
- Designed, pieced and quilted by Christa Watson; designed in EQ7
- Finished Size: 15″ x 15″; completed September, 2014
- Pieced and quilted on my Bernina 710
- Materials: Moda Fabrics, Cotton/Soy Batting, Aurifil cotton thread 40wt 2600 (greyish color)
- Quilting Design: Uneven Parallel Lines
- Time to Complete: 8 1/2 hours
Honors and PUBLICITY:
- Shown at Desert Quilters of Nevada quilt show, March 2015
- Quilt as Desired Column, NQA Quilting Quarterly, Winter 2014
- Pattern Published in NQA Quilting Quarterly, Winter 2014