String of Pearls was inspired by the bold bright colors of Lizzy House’s Pearl Bracelets line. I wanted to design a fun, modern quilt that could show off any colorful fabric line!
PDF pattern available for sale here.
Print Pattern available here.
- Designed, pieced and quilted by Christa Watson; designed in EQ7
- Pieced on my Bernina 1630, quilted on my Bernina 710
- Finished size: 64″ x 64″; completed August, 2013
- Fabrics: Pearl Bracelets and Kona Solids; Legacy wool batting
- Piecing thread: Aurifil 50wt cotton
- Quilting thread: Aurifil 50wt cotton, Sew Fine 50 wt. grey polyester
- Quilting design: SITD, FMQ, off-center mazes, swirls and pearls
- Time to complete: 60 Hours – top (15 hours), quilting and binding (45 hours)
Honors and Awards:
- Shown at the Home Machine Quilting Show, May 2014
- 1st Place – Large Quilt Made by 1 Person, DQN Quilt Show, March 2014
- Juried into Road to California January, 2014
- Honorable Mention, MQX Pacific Northwest October, 2013
Click here for the Shades of Grey pieced backing tutorial.
5 thoughts on “Christa’s Quilts – String of Pearls”
Did you use pearl bracelet or mini pearl bracelet fabric for this pattern?
I really like this quilt and was intrigued that someone has finished making it. Is there a pattern available to purchase to make it?
I just saw this pop up on the Quilter’s Dream Hopes and Dreams page. Thanks for inspiring someone to make a difference. https://www.facebook.com/150913912237/photos/pcb.10153055109767238/10153055109027238/?type=1&theater
I am a beginner, just finished the top of sting of pearls quilt. I bit of a challenge for me, the directions were great. Now, will be trying your suggested backing. Thank you