Click here to sign up for more fun and free quilt alongs!!
Hugs and Kisses is an updated version of a previous design from 12+ years ago. I made the original quilt in spicy reds, oranges and yellows for my husband who is hot stuff! The newer version in soft pretty pinks (with all x blocks) was made for my sweet daughter.
Hugs ‘N Kisses Stats:
- Finished Size: 48″ x 64″
- Completed: April 2013
- Pieced and Quilted: on my Bernina 1630
- Fabrics: BasicGrey Kissing Booth and Kona Snow Jelly Rolls (plus scraps)
- Piecing Thread: Superior Masterpiece, 50wt Cotton
- Quilting Thread: Glide High Sheen Polyester, Cream
- Batting: Legacy 100% Wool
- Quilting Design: FMQ Flowers in the O’s with Serpentine Lines Quilted Across the X’s with a Walking Foot
- Binding: By Hand
- Total Sewing Time: 47 Hours
Quilt Along Tutorials – Click the Links Below for Each Step:
- Step 1 – Supply List
- Step 2 – Fabric and Design
- Step 3 – Making the Blocks
- Step 4 – Sewing X’s and O’s
- Step 5 – Finishing the Top
- Step 6 – Piecing the Back
- Step 7 – Pin Basting
- Step 8 – Stitch in the Ditch
- Step 9 – Decorative FMQ
- Step 10 – Extra Quilting
- Step 11 – Binding
Click here for an EQ7 download of this pattern.
Copyright © 2013 ChristaQuilts Inc., for personal use only.
4 thoughts on “Christa’s Quilts – Hugs ‘N Kisses”
Thank you for this. We made this as an autograph quilt for a wedding. We left most of the white part with little or no quilting to allow for signing. It’s easy and your directions were spot on.
My favorite of ALL your ” quilt alongs”. Perfect for anyone you love!
I may have to try to make this one – beautiful in any colors. thanks cindy
thank you so much this quilt is beautiful