Sea of Squares is a simple-to-piece quilt made entirely from charm packs. The bold design is enhanced with (mostly) straight line quilting, done entirely with a walking foot.
Sea of Squares Stats:
- Designed, pieced and quilted by Christa on my Bernina 1630
- Finished Size: 51″ x 58″
- Designed in EQ7
- Completed: February, 2013
- Fabrics: Deb Strain Seascapes, Bella Solids white charm packs, blue scraps for pieced backing
- Piecing Thread: Superior Masterpiece, 50wt cotton
- Quilting Thread: Superior Highlights, 40wt polyester, white
- Batting: Warm and Natural 100% cotton, with 1/2 layer of Legacy wool
- Piecing time 3.5 hours
- Quilting and finishing 18.5 hours
Quilt Along Tutorials:
- Step 1 – Supply List
- Step 2 – Cutting the Charms
- Step 3 – Sewing the Blocks
- Step 4 – Sewing the Top
- Step 5 – Piecing the Backing
- Step 6 – Basting
- Step 7 – Machine Quilting
- Step 8 – Extra Quilting
- Step 9 – Machine Binding
Click here for an EQ7 download of this pattern.
Copyright © 2013 ChristaQuilts Inc., for personal use only.