Thank you for your interest in hiring me to speak and teach at your event. The following is a breakdown of pricing and accommodation requirements. If this suits your needs, please email me at email@example.com to schedule a booking and initiate a contract.
- Lecture/trunk show $400. (60-90 minutes with slides, quilts, Q&A, and book signing)
- Full day workshop (6 hours plus lunch break) $700.
- Half day workshop (3 hours) $400.
- Bookings that require a non-teaching day in between presentations require a $100 layover fee per non-teaching/speaking day. (This fee is not charged for a Sunday layover.)
Note: airfare can be very expensive to some locations. To estimate the airfare costs, look up the rate from my home airport of (LAS). I prefer to travel via Southwest Airlines whenever possible.
- Meals, hotel lodging and travel expenses required for bookings outside the Las Vegas area.
- Meals are charged at the per diem rate of $50 per day (including travel days).
- Hotel lodging includes the night before the first event through the night of the last event.
- Lodging is charged at an average rate of $150 per night, unless specified otherwise.
- Travel includes airfare, mileage to/from my airport, baggage fees, shipping quilts.
- I will drive to locations within 275 miles of Las Vegas; standard mileage rates apply.
- I book all my own travel, unless arrangements are specified otherwise.
- A projector screen is required along with electricity and extension cords.
- I require tables to set up and share my books, patterns, and other items.
- I can accommodate up to 22 students per class. Lectures/trunk shows are unlimited.
- Minimum engagement for any locations that require air travel is 1 lecture/trunk show and full day of classes, or 2 full days of classes.
- Specifies dates and fees for the event, including travel.
- $100 non-refundable deposit due within 30 days of signed contract; applied toward the balance of the engagement.
- Travel fees (airfare, hotel, etc.) are non-refundable due to cancellation of event by the host.
- Balance of fees are due the day of the event.
- Nearby bookings that require an overnight stay must include at least one full day workshop.
- I will have my books and designer products available for purchase during the event; be sure to schedule a venue that allows selling. I am responsible for complying with all tax laws.
- I don’t teach on Sundays.
- Contracts signed in 2017 lock in current pricing, no matter how far out they are booked.
Note: current pricing is valid for all contracts signed by the end of 2017, no matter how far in the future they are booked.