Modern Trees is my attempt at updating a traditional Christmas wallhanging I made over 10 years ago. I designed it to use one of my favorite tools, the tri recs ruler set and my favorite fabrics – solids.
Modern Trees Stats:
- Designed, pieced and quilted by Christa Watson; designed in EQ7
- Finished Size: 43″ x 50; completed December, 2013
- Pieced and quilted on my Bernina 710
- Materials: Kona Solids, Legacy wool batting, Aurifil cotton thread 50wt
- Quilting Design: SITD, FMQ, swirls, pebbles, snowdrifts, snowflakes, words
- Time to complete: 29 hours – top (5 hours), quilting & binding (24 hours)
Honors and Publicity:
Quilt Along: Click the links below to go to each tutorial.
- Step 0 – Modern Trees Introduction and Supply List
- Step 1 – Cutting and Sewing the Tree Blocks
- Step 2 – Assembling the Quilt Top
- Step 3 – Backing and Basting
- Step 4 – Machine Quilting Part 1
- Step 5 – Machine Quilting Part 2
- Step 6 – Binding to Finish
Copyright © 2013 ChristaQuilts Inc., for personal use only.