These 5 quilts above will be seen at 3 different national quilt shows over the next few months (Square in a Square and Lightning – Road to California; Facets – AQS Phoenix; Rain and Focal Point – QuiltCon.) These are all from my book Machine Quilting With Style.
Many people have requested a list of some national quilt shows that have modern categories, so here you go. Be sure to click the link for each venue to find out more about their entry deadlines:
- Road to California
- MQX (Machine Quilters Exposition)
- HMQS (Home Machine Quilting and Sewing)
- AQS (American Quilter’s Society – only some of their shows have modern categories)
- Mancuso Show Management (PIQF only so far)
- MQS (Machine Quilters Showcase)
Also, don’t forget your local shows, put on by local quilt guilds, county fairs etc. If you have other suggestions, please leave them in the comments so we can all share more information!
Don’t be scared – take the plunge and enter your quilts (modern or not) into quilt shows. It’s a fun experience and a great way to share your beautiful work!