My Cup Runneth Over…

I just found out two very exciting pieces of news today, and forgive me if I can’t help but put them out there for all the world to see!

Excitement #1 – Colorful Chevrons Takes 3rd at Paducah!

Thanks to my friend Linda H. for sending me this phone pic. She just happens to be there covering the story for AQ magazine and was able to show me the good news. The funny thing is, I couldn’t remember when QuiltWeek started and had my dates confused. I was thinking I wouldn’t hear anything about it until at least next week!

AQS Paducah Modern 3rd PlaceColorful Chevrons won 3rd place in the Large Wall Quilts – Modern category.
Click here for a list of all the winners.

Excitement #2 – I’ve Been Nominated for Teacher of the Year!

I’ve been nominated for 2014 Teacher of The Year, presented by the International Association of Creative Arts Professionals. Although I didn’t win, I’m in total agreement with who was chosen. In fact, after reading the email announcing the 8 nominees and the winner, I’m completely awed and humbled to be among those who made the final list.

teacher of the year image

No, I’m not going to spill the beans and spoil any surprises yet. The winner and all of the finalists will be given coverage in the Spring Issue of The Professional Quilter, and it will be up to any of them if they want to announce it publicly first. šŸ™‚

My cup truly runneth over….

70 thoughts on “My Cup Runneth Over…

1. Carole Hill says:

Christa, congrats on both of your great happenings, I know that it’s very hard to win at Paducah, and do you only teach at Quiltique, or is there somewhere else also?

Thanks! I’m starting with Quiltique in May, then plan to start traveling more to teach in 2015 šŸ™‚ I’m also teaching for the DQN guild at the annual retreat in September. That’s going to be fun!

2. Alice says:

Wonderful news Christa. Colorful Chevrons has been a real winner for you from the beginning. I think you are a great teacher and I have only read your blogs. I sure hope your success continues and I also like shopping at your Amazon store.

3. sminatrea1956 says:

Congratulations and thanks for being more wrapped up in your love of quilting than awards….Keep doing that and you’ll keep getting them!

4. sbrctag says:

Congratulations on both of your awards! What an achievement! I have a friend who won a blue ribbon in her category at Paducah and I am over-the-moon excited for you both!!

5. Sarah says:

Way cool for you! This fantastic :o) congrats!!! I ‘ve been getting your email newsletter for awhile and have to say they have good taste lol! :0)

6. Lynn says:

How big can I say “AWESOME” So happy for you – so so happy. šŸ™‚ Congrats! Thrilled that I have been able to learn from you, and glad you’re getting recognition for all you do.

7. Lis Ostiguy says:

Kudos Christa! So well deserved!!! I am privileged to follow you on this most tremendous journey you are taking.

8. Tabitha Keener says:

Congratulations, you deserve it! I still don’t know where you get all of your energy! You’ve got so many balls in the air and you’ve got great balance! Lol šŸ™‚

9. Jane Zwanzig-Owens says:

I’m always thrilled for you, no matter what you are nominated for or win. You have so much energy and alwYs seem so excited about each and every thing that to me you are a winner no Mayer what. I know you will keep up the good work!

10. dezertsuz says:

Congratulations, twice over! A third at Paducah is nothing to sneeze at. To be nominated in a category with others we admire is a lovely win all by itself.

11. Marguerite Namdar says:

congratulations. I love reading how you have blossomed into a great quilter. Hopefully I will feel confident enough to quilt more. You/re inspiring