I’ve been reorganizing my blog and decided to create a page showcasing my award-winning quilts since 2013. This was a turning point in my quilting career because it’s when I began entering modern quilts into national shows. Up until this time I had been making mostly traditional quilts and entering them into my local guild’s show. But after entering and attending QuiltCon back in 2013, I came home on fire, wanting to write books, travel to teach, and compete nationally. It’s been a fast-paced but fun 4 years!!
I created this page mostly as a means for me to keep track of which quilts have won awards since then. Please enjoy this walk down memory lane with me:
From my book Machine Quilting with Style
- 2nd Place, Modern – AQS Quiltweek, Paducak KY 2016
- Teacher’s Choice ribbon, Lori East – MQX Quilt Festival Midwest 2016
A modern remake of my free Puzzle Box quilt pattern
- 2nd Place, Machine Quilting the Modern Way – MQX Quilt Festival New England, 2016
From mine & Angela Walters’ book The Ultimate Guide to Machine Quilting
- 2nd Place, Modern – HMQS Utah, 2016
- 2nd Place, Modern – HMQS Utah, 2015
- Honorable Mention, Modern – DQN Quilt Show, Las Vegas NV 2015
- Honorable Mention, Modern Piecing – Road to California, 2015
- 3rd place, Single Entrant Small – DQN Quilt Show, Las Vegas, NV 2015
- Founder’s Award – MQX Quilt Festival Midwest, 2014
- 3rd Place – Modern – AQS Quilt Show Paducah KY, 2014
String of Pearls
- 1st Place, 1 Person Large – DQN Quilt Show in Las Vegas, NV 2014
- Honorable Mention, Modern – MQX Pacific Northwest 2013
Now I can’t wait to make and enter more of my work. I enter a lot of quilts, and most of them never receive any kind of recognition. So why do I do it? In all honesty, it gives me a deadline to shoot for, or I’d never get anything done. When one of them actually does win a ribbon, that’s like icing on the cake!
12 thoughts on “A Gallery of Award Winning Quilts from 2013 to Present”
I liked seeing this review of your quilts that won ribbons. How fun that you got ribbons two different times at Paducah!! My two favorite have always been the Colorful Chevron and String of Pearls.
Amazing quilts, and well deserving of all the awards. Congratulations!
Cool. I walked into a quilt store in Conroe Texas last week, and the first thing to greet me was your String of Pearls quilt. Had a nice conversation with the folks there.
Thanks – so nice to hear that!
Christa Watson Instagram @christaquilts website/blog: ChristaQuilts.com Click here to join my facebook group: Quilt with Christa
On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Christa Quilts wrote:
Christa you are such an inspiration. I hope your elbow is healing correctly and without too much discomfort.
Your quilts are lovely. I love the clean lines, colors and quilting designs. A total package of beauty.
Christa, you and your work absolutely amazes me. I can’t wait to see what else you accomplish!
so good to see all these amazing quilts such well deserved ribbons
There all stunning. You are extremely talented
Congrats all the way around, Chista! Well deserved!