Free Quilt Pattern
New to my blog? Be sure to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free pattern!
Time for another fun quilt-along! My Hugs ‘n Kisses design is based on a quilt I made several years ago. If you look closely, it’s similar to the quilt shown on my blog’s header. Over the years I’ve had several requests for this quilt pattern, so I finally decided to make one!
About This Quilt – Finished Size 48″ x 64″
I designed this quilt using EQ7 so that it will work with Jelly Rolls or precut strips. Although I am making this quilt in the size stated above, you can easily double the yardage requirements, purchase additional kits, or add borders to make it bigger.
Fabric Requirements (Hugs and Kisses Quilt Kits are available for a limited time.)
- 1 Jelly Roll of print fabric. You may use any jelly roll or set of precut strips you like as long as you have at least 38 – 2.5″ strips.
- 2/3 Jelly Roll of solid or background fabric, or 24 – 2.5″ strips. If you prefer to purchase yardage and cut the strips yourself, you will need 1.75 yards.
- 1/2 yard fabric for the binding in a coordinating color – I prefer to use solid 2.25″ strips. Purchase a little more if you like wider strips.
- At least 52″ x 68″ piece of batting; my favorites are high quality cotton or wool.
- 3 yards of non-directional fabric the backing, or scraps and fat quarters to total about 3.5 yards if you prefer to make it scrappy like I do.
- Sewing machine with walking foot (darning foot for optional free-motion quilting)
- Brand new sewing machine needles
- Rotary cutting equipment (rotary cutter, cutting mat, acrylic rulers)
- Basic sewing supplies (pins, scissors, seam ripper, etc.)
- Machingers quilting gloves
- Basting pins
- Thread to match your fabrics
- Optional – bobbin washers for smoother thread delivery
- Optional – Supreme Slider for FMQ
If you have any questions please be sure to join my flickr discussion or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quilt Along Schedule – Links will go to each active post when published.
- 5.1 – 2/27/13 Supply List
- 5.2 – 3/6/13 Choosing Fabrics and Alternate Layouts
- 5.3 – 3/13/13 Cutting and Sewing the Bow Tie Blocks
- 5.4 – 3/20/13 Sewing the X and O Blocks (or alternates)
- 5.5 – 3/27/13 Finishing the Quilt Top and Pieced Borders
- 5.6 – 4/3/13 Piecing the Backing
- 5.7 – 4/10/13 Pin Basting
- 5.8 – 4/17/13 Stitching in the Ditch
- 5.9 – 4/24/13 Decorative FMQ
- 5.10 – 5/1/13 Additional Quilting
- 5.11 – 5/8/13 Binding – It’s Finished!
Sharing is Caring
Please share your work in progress in my facebook group: Quilt With Christa . 🙂
43 thoughts on “Christa’s Quilt Along 5.1 – Hugs ‘n Kisses Supply List”
Thanks for all your comments – we have a winner!
I joined your Flickr group. I would like to make your hugs and kisses quilt along.
Hi Christa, Thought I was already part of the flicker group – but wasn’t. Found out how and I am now. Still working on Sea of Squares.. Thanks for the drawing.
I joined the Flickr group.
I’m a member of your Flickr group! And I’m very excited about the next quilt-along! Like last time, I’ll be using different fabrics, but I’m ready to go!
I’ve joined the flickr group. I’m keen to use up a jelly roll that I’ve had sitting around for a very long time!
Just joined Flickr and joined your group! Would love to win! 🙂
im on your flickr group now and looking forward to doing this one, thanks
Hi Christa! I joined your Flickr group today! I am fairly new to quilting, only working on my 4th quilt now, I appreciate the time you have put into this blog with the beautiful quilt pictures and information! I love the Sea of Squares and the Hugs and Kisses quilts.
I look forward to sewing along with you 🙂
Thanks Darlene and welcome! I really could quilt and blog full-time if I didn’t have all my other responsibilities, LOL!!
Hey Christa! Joined your Flickr group, thank you for the opportunity to win!!
Just joined your FLICKR group. Will watch the sew along and maybe join in a future one. I will retire in April so I will have more time. MAYBE! LOL
I just joined the Flickr group. Looking forward to the quilt-along and using up a couple of jelly rolls
I joined your Flickr group! 🙂
I joined your Flickr group and introduced myself. Looking forward to making hugs and kisses.
I joined the flickr group. Thanks for having the giveaway. Todayays quilt is gorgeous!
oh I am sjean423 on flikr, email at sthastie (at) gmail (dot) com
I ordered my kit, shipped the same day, wow can’t wait to receive my first order from you ! Thanks
I joined the Flickr group. Thanks for the quilt along.
Can’t wait to start!
I joined your flickr group. great quilt! can’t wait to start.
I’m part of the Christa’s Quilt Along Flickr group! Thank you for the opportunity to win!
WOW….and a big thank you!
I Joined your Flickr group- and started Flickr for the first time! I know what I’m going to be playing with the rest of the afternoon…. 😉
I have joined the flickr group. Looking forward to this quilt along.
Hi Christa… I finally figured out how to join the flickr group…. YAY!
love the looks of this quilt! can’t wait to give it a try!!
Joined your Flickr group and looking forward to this Hugs and Kisses Quilt!
Hello, I belong to Flickr group. My quilt is done. Thanks
I love your Blog! Thanks for the quilt along! I just joined your Flickr Group.
I joined Flickr finally! Thanks for the nudge… I’m so excited to get started.
I joined your Flickr group. In addition to learning to quilt, your blog is now helping me to learn how to maneuver on the internet. This computer illiterate grandma is being eased gently into yet another computer wonder: Flickr !!! Thanks 🙂
Betsy – I’m glad to hear that. It took me a while to get comfortable on the internet but now you can see how far I’ve come 🙂
Joined the group. I wanted to give a big THANK YOU for the fabric you donated to Pile O Fabrics to use for her BOM Meet up in Austin. We had a wonderful time, and I was the recipient of some rather cool Canary colored fabric.
You are welcome Jill – it was so fun to meet everyone!
I joined your Flickr group. i am looking forward to doing this quilt along. Love your tutorials!
I joined your flickr group. My flickr name is quilts by lisa. This looks like a fun quilt to make!
I just joined your Flickr group! I have to say, your Sea of Squares quilt grew on me, so it’s hard to say if I’d do that one first or the Hugs and Kisses 😀 Thanks for your hard work and entusiasm!
Thanks Lizzie – whichever one you do – I can’t wait to see pics of your progress 🙂
I joined your Flickr group. Thanks for the chance & the beautiful quilt-along.
I am already on your Flicker group
I joined your Flickr group!
I joined your Flickr grp! Thanks for putting my name in the drawing!