This week we are making Row 8 – more Anvil Blocks. This is a great catchup week because this row is cut and sewn exactly the same as Week 6 Row 6, but with different fabrics.
You can follow along in the Infrastructure Quilt Pattern on pages 6 and 13 for specific instructions on making this row.
Here are the cut pieces all laid out and sewn into one Anvil block:
I used the Tri Recs tools to cut the units to make the Triangle in a Square blocks. In case you missed it, I created a YouTube tutorial on how to make these blocks back when we were making Row 4.
Click here to get the Tri-Recs Tools
Once the Anvil blocks are sewn, it’s easy to add spacer rows to the top and bottom of the pieced row. Here’s a tip: measure the length of your row before trimming the long strips.
One more row down, and one to go! It’s been so fun using my Geo Pop prints to make this quilt!
GIVEAWAY & HEATHER’S VERSION
Pop over to Heather Black’s blog at Quiltachusetts to see her version of Row 8 made from Benartex Superior solids. While you are there, be sure to enter the giveaway! One lucky winner will get a 6 month subscription to Make Modern Magazine – one of my faves!!
- Click here for the complete Infrastructure supply List and QAL links.
- Click here for Heather’s week 8 blog post.
- Click here to get the Infrastructure Quilt Pattern – PDF version
- Click here to get the Infrastructure Quilt Pattern – Paper version
- Click here to get the Infrastructure Quilt Kit
- Click here to share your work and ask questions in my Facebook group.
Be sure to show us your progress, too! Share on instagram #infrastructurequilt and tag us @christaquilts and @quiltachusetts.