Free Quilt Pattern
New to my blog? Be sure to sign up for my email newsletter to get a free pattern!
Welcome to my second Quilt Along! (Click Here for the first one). What makes my quilt alongs different and exciting? We will make the complete quilt from start to finish including machine quilting. I love to encourage do-it-yourselfers – no quilting by check here. 🙂
We will be making this Modern Baby Bricks Quilt measuring approximately 44″ x 48″.
I’m making this quilt in two color options, using the fabrics shown below:
These colorways are Pretty in Pink and Baby Boy Blue and am going to make one of each! Have fun choose your fabrics using the supply list below and quilt along with me!
Sewing Schedule (All links will be active once each step has been completed.)
- Week 1 – Supply List & Intro (today’s post above)
- Week 2 – Cutting Your Fabric
- Week 3 – Sewing the Quilt Top
- Week 4 – Marking and Basting
- Week 5 – Machine Quilting Option 1 – Straight Stitching
- Week 6 – Machine Quilting Option 2 – Free Motion Quilting
- Week 7 – Binding by Hand
- Week 8 Bonus – Blocking and Labeling
- 6 Fat Quarters of coordinating fabrics – use a variety of values and scales for interest
- 1 1/2 yards of neutral background fabric; includes enough for binding
- 2 yards of fabric for the backing; will be pieced
- Rotary cutter with a sharp new blade for cutting through multiple layers.
- General sewing supplies: machine in good working order, rulers, cutting mat, etc.
- Neutral cotton thread for piecing (sewing the quilt blocks together)
- Matching cotton or polyester thread for machine quilting
- Walking foot for straight line quilting
- Brand new sewing machine needles
- Piece of batting at least 50″x55″
- Tape or washable marking pen (test first and be sure to prewash your fabrics!)
- Optional: Darning foot for free-motion quilting; supreme slider, quilting gloves, for FMQ
Note about washing your fabrics – I always prewash to make sure there are no surprises. If you are using small pieces like fat quarters, either wash them by hand in your sink, or use a mesh bag and machine wash on a gentle or hand-wash cycle. Wash light and dark colors separately until water runs clear and consider using a color catcher sheet with each load.
So take this week to gather your supplies and I’ll meet you back here next week for cutting!
Sharing is Caring
Please share your work in progress in my facebook group: Quilt With Christa . 🙂
3 thoughts on “Christa’s Quilt Along 2.1 – Baby Bricks Supply List”
ThAnk you for letting me copy this pattern . My cousin just had twin grNdbabies. Born And want to make each h a quilt. This looks simple enough for me.
Thank you so much for this tutorial. This will make a darling beginners quilt for my granddaughter. And thanks for linking back from the charming chevrons. That quilt is too cute!
I’m glad to see you prewash, too. I just started up with that again 🙂