Are you excited to make Squiggles? It’s a super easy precut quilt made from your favorite 5″ charm packs. As mentioned previously, I’m making my version using my Modern Marks fabric line with Benartex, but it will look great with any fabrics you choose, as long as you have a very strong contrast for the background. I’m using black, but it would also look fabulous with white or gray!
As of this writing I have 3 Squiggles Kits left for sale. Click here to purchase.
If you are just hearing about the Quilt Along, not to worry. Just grab the fabrics you need as listed below and join in anytime! This Quilt Along is totally free to follow (you just need a copy of my latest book), and you can post your progress on social media with the hashtag #squigglesquilt. You can also join my Facebook Group: Christa Quilts to share as many photos as you like and get additional help!
- Copy of my book, Piece and Quilt with Precuts for the piecing instructions
- Two – 5″ charm packs of background solid or tonal fabric (or a total of 77 squares)
- Four – 5″ charm packs of print fabric (or a total of 154 squares)
- (Note – you can also substitute one 10″ square pack if needed, and cut to size)
- 1/2 yard of fabric for binding
- 3 1/4 yards of fabric for backing
- 56″ x 70″ piece of batting (I recommend Hobbs batting)
- Approx. 1200 yards (or one large spool) of fabric for quilting (I recommend Aurifil)
- Sewing Machine with new needle and basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutting equipment (6″ acrylic ruler, mat, standard cutter with new blade)
Cutting the Fabric
Click here to purchase Modern Marks Charm packs and precuts.
The super easy thing about making this quilt from precuts is that most of the cutting has already been done for you! If you are using 10″ squares, cut them into 5″ squares. If you are using 5″ squares, you’ve already saved yourself a huge step!
Click here to purchase Benartex Basics in black or white.
Then follow the cutting instructions in the book on page 15 to cut out the background squares and you’re ready to start piecing the blocks next week!
Click here for links to all of the Quilt Along blog posts and schedule.
Click here to share pictures of your fabrics + progress in my Facebook group.
3 thoughts on “Squiggles Quilt Along Week 1 – Fabrics and Cutting”
Beautiful quilt xx
So excited to get started!