I’ve been a busy bee planning for our quilt along next year. It will kick off January 8, 2017 and we will be making the Squiggles quilt from Piece and Quilt with Precuts (book required). See below for the QAL schedule:
Original Squiggles Quilt from the Book – 50″ x 63″
2018 Quilt Along Schedule
- Week 1 – January 15: Gathering Fabrics and Cutting
- Week 2 – January 22: Making the Blocks
- Week 3 – January 29: Assembling the Quilt Top
- Week 4 – February 5: Backing and Basting
- Week 5 – February 12: Machine Quilting
- Week 6 – February 19: Binding
- Two – 5″ charm packs of background solid or tonal fabric (or a total of 77 squares)
- Four – 5″ charm packs of print fabric (or a total of 154 squares)
- (Note – you can also substitute one 10″ square pack if needed, and cut to size)
- 1/2 yard of fabric for binding
- 3 1/4 yards of fabric for backing
- 56″ x 70″ piece of batting (I recommend Hobbs batting)
- Approx. 1200 yards (or one large spool) of fabric for quilting (I recommend Aurifil)
- Sewing Machine with new needle and basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutting equipment (6″ acrylic ruler, mat, standard cutter with new blade)
I’ll be using my Aurifil thread collection to piece and quilt my version of Squiggles!
Pre-Order Your Squiggles Quilt Kit With Black or White
The kit includes everything you need for the quilt top including fabrics + binding. By popular request, I’m offering it in two choices of backgrounds: either black or white. I’m making mine in black just to change things up, but I think it looks great in either choice!
Click here to preorder your squiggles quilt kit. On the item description, you’ll be given the option to select which background you’d prefer. These will ship Approximately Nov 3rd (after I return home from quilt market.)
I’m remaking my version using my Modern Marks collection with Black.
I’m also offering a kit with a white background.
Modern Marks Collection
Take a look at all the prints included in the Modern Marks precuts that are coming soon! It includes the 26 Modern Marks Prints, plus 5 Color Weave coordinates. (Shout-out to my hubby Jason for taking the digital images and arranging them into a pretty grid!!)
26 Modern Marks and 5 Color Weave coordinates are included in the precuts that are coming soon!
Optional Backing Kits Available for a Limited Time
For a limited time, I’m also offering a kit of coordinating backing fabric to go with the quilt top. It will include a total of 3 1/4 yards of quirky triangles in Navy/blue.
Sharing is Caring
Be sure to join my Facebook group: Quilt with Christa. It’s a great community of fun folks like you who would love to see your progress during the quilt along and cheer you on! You’ll be able to share pics of your progress during the quilt along as well as anything else you are working on.
I can’t wait for the quilt along – it’s going to be fun!!