I just love hosting quilt alongs, and better yet, I love it when you all quilt along with me! Here’s all the info you need to get started on my Paper Pieced Primrose Quilt Along:
Paper Pieced Primrose Kits Available
The image above shows the 35″ x 35″ wall size in two colorways, made from 16 paper pieced blocks. The images below show the 68″ x 84″ throw size in both colors, made from 80 paper pieced blocks.
For your convenience, I’m offering kits in both colorways, and both sizes – so you can pick and choose what works best for you! All four versions are made from my Abstract Garden fabric for Benartex. And for one week only, you can save 10% off the kit when you enter code KIT at checkout!
Paper Pieced Primrose Throw Size – Cool Colorway
Of course you can make this quilt using any fabrics you like! Part of the fun will be seeing all of the different variations! Click the quilt pattern image below to enlarge the materials list:
Supplies Needed to Make this Quilt
- Pieced Primrose Pattern – PDF version, OR
- Pieced Primrose Pattern – Paper version
- Optional Pieced Primrose Kit, OR fabric amounts shown in the pattern above
- Basic cutting and sewing equipment
- Sewing machine with brand new needle. (I recommend Superior 80/12 Topstitch Needles)
- High quality thread for piecing and quilting (I recommend Aurifil 50 weight cotton.)
- Recommended: Add a Quarter Ruler
- Recommended: Wooden Seam Roller
Quilt Along Schedule:
If you want to follow along, we’ll make this entire quilt from start to finish in just 8 weeks!!
Click the links below for each step of the quilt along:
- Week 1 – Getting Started: Paper Piecing Tips
- Week 2 – Cutting the Fabric
- Week 3 – Sewing the Blocks
- Week 4 – Choosing Your Layout
- Week 5 – Quilt Top Assembly
- Week 6 – Basting
- Week 7 – Quilting
- Week 8- Binding
So don’t worry if you’ve never tried foundation paper piecing before. I’m going to walk you through every step of the process with detailed photos and explanations. The pattern includes the master foundation paper pieced template that you can photo copy as many times as you’d like. It will be a fun new adventure for a new year!
So who’s with me? All you have to do is follow my blog each week! You can subscribe to my blog by entering your email in the box in the sidebar (either on the right if you are viewing on a laptop, or scroll all the way down to the bottom on your phone). You can also use the hashtag #piecedprimrosequilt on instagram so I can see what you are making!