Let’s kick off the next year in quilty style, with a Quilt Along!! If you remember the launch of my newest book last summer, I teased the idea of remaking one of the quilts from the book in my new fabric. Readers were able to vote on their favorite quilt, and when to start the Quilt Along.
Well guess what? We’re going to start the Quilt Along on Monday, January 15 and it will run for 6 weeks, going through every step you need to make the Squiggles quilt below, from start to finish!
Squiggles Quilt Kits are available for a limited time, with black or white background.
I’ll be remaking my version of Squiggles using my Modern Marks fabric + black background, but of course, you can choose any fabrics you like!
Here’s the Quilt Along Schedule and Supply List. Each week as I write create each step, I’ll update the links below so that this post can serve as a landing page for the quilt along.
2018 Quilt Along Schedule
Click the hotlinks below to get to each blog post.
- Week 1 – January 15: Gathering Fabrics and Cutting
- Week 2 – January 22: Making the Blocks
- Week 3 – January 29: Assembling the Quilt Top
- Week 4 – February 5: Batting & Backing
- Week 5 – February 12: Basting
- Week 6 – February 19: Machine Quilting
- Break to Catch Up
- Week 7 – March 12 Binding
- Copy of my book, Piece and Quilt with Precuts
- Two – 5″ charm packs of background solid or tonal fabric (or a total of 77 squares)
- Four – 5″ charm packs of print fabric (or a total of 154 squares)
- (Note – you can also substitute one 10″ square pack if needed, and cut to size)
- 1/2 yard of fabric for binding
- 3 1/4 yards of fabric for backing
- 56″ x 70″ piece of batting (I recommend Hobbs batting)
- Approx. 1200 yards (or one large spool) of thread for quilting (I recommend Aurifil)
- Sewing Machine with new needle and basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutting equipment (6″ acrylic ruler, mat, standard cutter with new blade)
The original version of Squiggles, as shown in the book:
We’re just a month away from a quiltin’ good time!!