Let’s kick off the next year in quilty style, with a Quilt Along!! If you remember the launch of my newest book last summer, I teased the idea of remaking one of the quilts from the book in my new fabric. Readers were able to vote on their favorite quilt, and when to start the Quilt Along.
Well guess what? We’re going to start the Quilt Along on Monday, January 15 and it will run for 6 weeks, going through every step you need to make the Squiggles quilt below, from start to finish!
Squiggles Quilt Kits are available for a limited time, with black or white background.
I’ll be remaking my version of Squiggles using my Modern Marks fabric + black background, but of course, you can choose any fabrics you like!
Here’s the Quilt Along Schedule and Supply List. Each week as I write create each step, I’ll update the links below so that this post can serve as a landing page for the quilt along.
2018 Quilt Along Schedule
Click the hotlinks below to get to each blog post.
- Week 1 – January 15: Gathering Fabrics and Cutting
- Week 2 – January 22: Making the Blocks
- Week 3 – January 29: Assembling the Quilt Top
- Week 4 – February 5: Batting & Backing
- Week 5 – February 12: Basting
- Week 6 – February 19: Machine Quilting
- Break to Catch Up
- Week 7 – March 12 Binding
- Copy of my book, Piece and Quilt with Precuts
- Two – 5″ charm packs of background solid or tonal fabric (or a total of 77 squares)
- Four – 5″ charm packs of print fabric (or a total of 154 squares)
- (Note – you can also substitute one 10″ square pack if needed, and cut to size)
- 1/2 yard of fabric for binding
- 3 1/4 yards of fabric for backing
- 56″ x 70″ piece of batting (I recommend Hobbs batting)
- Approx. 1200 yards (or one large spool) of thread for quilting (I recommend Aurifil)
- Sewing Machine with new needle and basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutting equipment (6″ acrylic ruler, mat, standard cutter with new blade)
So gather your fabrics, your copy of Piece and Quilt with Precuts, and start sharing on social media (#squigglesquilt and Christa Quilts on Facebook).
The original version of Squiggles, as shown in the book:
We’re just a month away from a quiltin’ good time!!
12 thoughts on “Squiggles Quilt Along Schedule – Grab Your Fabric and Get Ready!”
Do we have to sign up somewhere or just wait for an email or link?
It will be posted each week here on the blog. All you need is a copy of my book, Piece and Quilt with Precuts to follow along. You can get email notices by entering your email address into the box on the right sidebar (or at the very end of the page if viewing on a mobile device.)
Christa Watson Instagram @christaquilts website/blog: ChristaQuilts.com Click here to join my facebook group: Quilt with Christa
Love your newest book and think your Modern Marks collection is great. So looking forward to the quilt-along. Thanks for offering this fun event.
I’m looking forward to this and already have all my charm squares and binding fabric.
Fabric chooses, background chosen, washing is next!
Can’t wait to choose my fabric from my stash. I just can’t bring myself to cut into my Modern Marks FQ bundle yet!
I’m in just need to decide which layer cake to use! So many to choose from
Exciting! Sounds like a good plan!