All you need to get started is a copy of the quilt pattern and a few supplies listed below:
Scroll to the end for links to all of the quilt along posts.
(1) Blooming Wallflowers Quilt Pattern
- Click here to get the print version of Blooming Wallflowers quilt pattern
- Click here to get the PDF version of Blooming Wallflowers quilt pattern
(2) Fabric Needs – see materials list in the image below. I will be making the throw size.
(3) A set of Tri Recs rulers for the Crib or Throw Size.
Please get these exact tools. Anything else won’t be the correct angle for cutting. Tri Recs makes blocks up to 6″ finished. For the Queen size quilt, you will need the Creative Grids Triangle Squared AND Perfect Rectangle rulers that make up to 9″ finished size blocks.
If you don’t have access to these rulers, you can use the full-size templates included in the quilt pattern.
(4) Batting for your quilt size
(5) Basic rotary cutting equipment – mat and rulers, and cutter with new sharp blade.
(6) Basting supplies – either safety pins or 505 basting spray. (I will spray baste)
(7) A “can-do” attitude and willingness to share – this is going to be fun!!
Quilt Along Schedule
The quilt along will run for a total for a total of 10 weeks which includes 3 scheduled breaks to catch up. If you follow along each week, you’ll have a completely finished quilt at the end!!
Once each post has been published, the links below will become clickable so you can navigate to any post you need as you follow along.
- Week 1: Cutting
- Week 2: Sewing the blocks
- Week 3: Catch-up break
- Week 4: Sewing the quilt top
- Week 5: Basting the quilt
- Week 6: Catch-up break & bonus inspiration
- Week 7: Machine Quilting Part 1
- Week 8: Machine Quilting Part 2
- Week 9: Catch-up break & bonus inspiration
- Week 10: Binding to finish
Sharing is Caring
As you are gathering your supplies and getting ready to start, please share pics of the fabrics you’ll use – I’d love to see! Also, anytime during the quilt along, I encourage you to share your progress in any of these ways:
- On Your own blog – share links in the comments section of any of the QAL posts
- On Instagram – use hashtag #bloomingwallflowersquilt so others can see your progress
- In my Christa Quilts Facebook group – this is also a great place to ask questions and interact with other quilt along participants.
I’m so excited to get started!! Who’s with me?? As always, it’s totally OK to follow along virtually, or save the blog posts for later and make this quilt any time, on YOUR schedule.
6 thoughts on “Blooming Wallflowers Quilt Along Supply List and Schedule”
Heather, I bought the Tri Rec tool years ago but have never made anything with them as I’ve never had a pattern with which I could figure out how to use it. I was so surprised and excited to discover I can finally use it and in a quilt that I know will come out looking nice!
I’m ready!! Have pattern, fabric, and ruler. Thanks for sharing the schedule.
I’ll be participating but unable to post progress pictures. My supples and fabric selection is ready to go—a mixture of collections by a designer with Art Gallery Fabrics that will go perfectly with your pattern. Am excited to start!
Looks like a fun one!
I’ll be watching from the sidelines, but looking forward to everyone’s progress!
I love this design and I think the tri rec tool is the BEST triangle template set ever!